Vix Integration

Oct 20, 2008 at 6:00 AM
I just want to carry over my comments to this discussion thread regarding Vix Integration with PowerShell.  VI Toolkit supports only Virtual Infrastructure and ESX, but I am curious whether VMWare Server and Workstation are planned to be supported in the future.  At our office, we have QA labs set up and it is ugly to maintain via GUI.  I have a thought to wrap the COM API via C# Interop and expose it in Powershell.
Nov 6, 2008 at 6:27 AM
Hi, sorry for the slow response here. We haven't made specific plans to add support for Server/Workstation, but that's simply because no one has asked for it yet (except you).

If we were to add it to the product officially it would probably not arrive until 2010 or later, based on the things we have in the pipeline currently. If you're still interested in making progress via a codeplex project (maybe this one or maybe another), we'll support that and help out. Still interested in doing this?
Nov 7, 2008 at 6:22 PM
Yes, I am still interested. If it's appropriate to work on it here, then I'd avoid starting a new project.